Are you a Special Needs Assistant? Do you employ Special Needs Assistants in your school or work environment?
This SNA workshop series is especially designed to help Special Needs Assistants to develop awareness of the challenging behaviours they are likely to encounter during the course of their work.
Run over 5 weeks these 2 hour workshops will equip learners with a range of skills and strategies to support their person during their school hours or work placement.
This workshop series is also available to schools and is run over 2 days. Contact us for information and booking.
The workshop series consists of:
- Workshop 1 – Autism Awareness – A Brief Overview
- Workshop 2 – Understanding Sensory Processing Disorder
- Workshop 3 – Visual Strategies, Interventions and Supports
- Workshop 4 – Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviours, Part 1: Challenging Perspective on Behaviour, Self-Care & Self Reflective Practice
- Workshop 5 – Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviours, Part 2: Identifying & Managing Problematic Behaviours and Crisis Situations