Certificate in Trauma Informed Care and Behaviour Management
This course will assist the learner in understanding the impact of trauma on childhood, behaviours of concern, and the developing brain. It will equip the learner in understanding where behaviour comes from while acknowledging their own values and beliefs and the role that plays in understanding and managing behaviour. It will assist them in discovering various strategies to implement to support the person they work with to help in reducing behaviours of concern, while acknowledging the importance of building resilience through relationships and social emotional learning.
This course is priced at €40 per workshop, which can be paid in full or weekly. Run over 5 weeks these 2.5 hour workshops will equip learners with a range of skills and strategies to support their person during their school or work hours.
Pay by Installment
We have the option for you to spread the cost of this online course by offering an installment plan. The first installment of €40 is due when booking and you will be charged €40 for the following 4 weeks. When booking, please indicate your preferred start date.
If you wish to avail of this installment plan, please click the following link:
The workshop series consists of:
Module 1 – Trauma
- What is trauma?
- Stress & Toxic Stress
- Impact of Trauma
- Common disorders associated with traumatic stress.
- Biopsychosocial Model
Module 2 – Understanding Behaviour & Challenging Perspectives
- Look at behaviour, challenging behaviour & inappropriate behaviour.
- Influences of behaviour.
- A time to question our own values and belief system.
- Behaviour Theories
- Becoming Self-Reflective
- The importance of self-care in your role
Module 3 – Trauma, Challenging Behaviour & Restrictive Practices
- Challenging Behaviour and Trauma
- Common Learning & behaviour problems
- Restrictive Interventions – what are they?
- Previous Trauma and restrictive interventions
- Reducing the use of restrictive interventions
- Trauma informed practice
Module 4 – Positive Behaviour Support & Crisis Situations
- Identifying the Behaviour, Frequency Charts, ABC’s and BSP’s.
- Identify the cause and/or purpose of the behaviour.
- Developing an action plan (Positive Behaviour Support Plan)
- Strategies on avoidance and management of problematic behaviour
- When Crisis Occurs
- After Crisis Occurs
Module 5 – Trauma Informed Practice, Resilience & Social Emotional Learning
- Trauma Informed Schools and the School Climate
- Brain Building foods & activities.
- Social & emotional learning
- Teaching regulation
- Protective Factors & Benevolent Childhood Experiences
- Guidance & the whole school approach
Next Available Course Start Dates:
April 7th – Every Wednesday for 5 weeks (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
May 12th – Every Wednesday for 5 Weeks (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
June 16th – Every Wednesday for 5 weeks (6.30pm – 9.30pm)