I originally got this recipe from @biamaith which is an excellent Irish recipe site that I would highly recommend.
I have adapted this recipe over time to suit my families lifestyle and needs as I simply don’t have time to be scooping things out of the pan while I cook the next item.
So this is how I make it for 6 adults and a little leftover for a lunch or two:
- 1.5 packs of noodles (Aldi/Lidl egg noodles 0.89c)
- Selection of veg, I used carrot, onion, garlic, peppers, chilli, white cabbage, mushroom. All finely sliced
- Stirfry beef. I usually ask for a piece of round steak and slice it thinly.
- Ginger puree or fresh ginger finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons light soy
- 6 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons course ground black pepper
- 2 chicken oxo, dissolved in 100ml boiling water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Slice up the beef and the vegetables thinly
Prepare the sauce in a bowl using the Soy, Oyster, honey, black pepper, dissolved oxo, ginger and cornflour. Mix well.
Cook noodles according to pack instructions. When cooked, drain them and rinse under cold water. Set aside until required.
Meanwhile, Heat the oil in a wok. Add the beef with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Once the beef is sealed, add the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add in the sauce and stir fry until thickened.
Add in the noodles and mix thouroughly making ure they are well coated.
Serve and enjoy.