Written by Jeanette Smith 27th May 2020
Another super easy recipe that literally takes no time at all.
I originally got this recipe from a website where I live here in Ireland. The company is amazing and make fantastic recipes. They also have some free ebooks and other books you might find useful. I highly recommend them @biamaith http://www.biamaith.ie.
I have adapted the recipe a little to suit my family, and it always turns out lovely. So here is my version. I hope you enjoy it, and I have Liam at BiaMaith to thank.
- 1lb stewing beef
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 500g passata (I use half the tub you see in the picture)
- One green pepper, chunked
- One yellow pepper, chunked
- 2 onions, chunked (I used one white, one red)
- 2 beef oxo
- 1 veg oxo
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (I had to use garlic puree as I had no cloves)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped or a squeeze of ginger puree
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water (I use the empty chopped tomato can and fill it up)
- (Depending on how much water you add, you may need a little cornflour mixed to a paste with water to thicken the sauce at the end of cooking)
Literally fire it all in the slow cooker. Give it a quick stir. Pop on the lid and cook on high for about 8 hours.
The meat will be lovely and tender.
If it needs thickening, mix 2 teaspoons of cornflour with a little water and stir into the pot. Leave to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with basmati rice and naan bread if desired.
We had no naan bread in, and only decided we fancied some as we put on the rice, so I did a quick search and found a nice simple recipe that doesn’t use yeast @thekitchenpaper. And they turned out lovely.