My dog is my baby. He’s the only one of the family still 100% dependent on his humans to look after him, to make sure his needs are met. And I love him ❤
It’s important to protect your dogs because they’re not in a position to take care of themselves.
In the heat we’ve been experiencing there’s a few things that you can do to help look after them.
- Bring them inside, where they can keep cool. Bullie likes to lay on the cold tiles in the kitchen.
- Open the windows for some fresh air and if you have air conditioning or a fan, use them.
- Make sure they have plenty of fresh cold water. Change it during the day so it doesn’t go warm.
- When you go for a walk, time it so it’s not at the hottest time of day. Keep your pet in during the hottest time.
- When walking, check the concrete or tarmac. If it’s too hot for you to keep your hand on it, then it’s too hot for their paws.
- If you can, keep them walking on grass to avoid their pads getting too hot.
- Never bring them out in the car during this heat. Definitely never leave them in the car while you go to the shops, or anywhere else. Your car is a greenhouse to your dog. A dog can die in 15 minutes in a hot car, so don’t do it. Not even for a moment!